Event Category: Culture
Hanoi Tour: Hoa Lu and Tam Coc
Take a day trip to Ninh Binh province, a region of historical significance and outstanding natural beauty. Your knowledgeable guide describes the tombs of Hoa Lu, an ancient capital of the Dinh and Le dynasties. Enjoy a buffet lunch in Tam Coc and hop in a sampan for a ride past a World Heritage–listed landscape dotted with caves, pagodas and jagged limestone formations.
Your guide will meet you at 8:30am to drive about 100 kilometers south to Hoa Lu the ancient capital of the Dinh and Le dynasties which date back to the 11th century. Little of the capital remains but fortunately some of its ruins and tombs have survived for a millennium. The scenery is spectacular and more than make up for the lack of ruins.
Those who want to discover the local countryside can enjoy a 40 minute cycle ride along the country lanes surrounded by beautiful scenery and lush paddy fields. We finish the ride at Tam Coc in time for a buffet lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch you will continue to nearby Tam Coc or Three Caves in Vietnamese, an area of natural beauty that is often referred to as “Halong Bay on land”. Board a small boat and meander lazily down the river to the ancient caves. See limestone karsts jetting skywards out of electric green rice paddies – you won’t be able to stop taking photos! Returning back to the pier your vehicle will be waiting to take you back to Hanoi arriving late afternoon.
Hanoi Tour: Hoa Lu and Tam Coc includes:
– English-speaking local guide
– Ninh Binh day trip from Hanoi
– Hear fascinating commentary about the UNESCO World Heritage site
– Visit temples of the Dinh and Le dynasties at Hoa Lu
– Ride a sampan from Tam Coc to ancient caves
– Enjoy a buffet lunch at a local restaurant
– Hotel transport included
Meeting point for the Hanoi Tour: Hoa Lu and Tam Coc is your centrally located hotel or hostel in Hanoi
– Language/s for this tour is/are English
– 10-11 hours (approx.)
– Hanoi Tour: Hoa Lu and Tam Coc runs every day from 08:00
– 39.00 USD
– Please remember to bring your confirmation email (print or smart phone).